Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer is on the way...


I have been away from my work a bit. I have been off watching small sweet children play soccer.


I have been away cheering a young roller derby jammer on to her first victory.


I have been keeping an eye on the mountains and the sky, as the season seems determined to change with much activity this year, less here than elsewhere, but more than is usual for our part of the world.

I have been getting ready for family guests and celebrations; for picnics and birthday parties; for JUCO, barbeques, camping trips, and fishing; for rhubarb, strawberries, cilantro and tomatoes to grow and be harvested; for flowers to bloom. I have not been at the loom or the easel this past week. But I have kept my camera close, and the summer will not pass me by without my taking notice, though it has come upon me awfully quickly this year. I will capture as much of it as I can, at the easel, through the lens, or at my loom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been busy in your garden too, and really busy alltogether. Enjoy your family guests and celebrations! You will go even better when you get back to easel and loom!

Mary said...

It's good to rest and see the world around us, enjoy the summer!
We are currently moving into winter. We have had gloomy, overcast days, something we have not seen much of in several years as we have been is drought. But the drought is predicted to be over soon, so I suppose I should be celebrating the clouds - as long as they do bring the rain. (Actually, I prefer the winter to the summer.)

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...