Wednesday, March 8, 2017

International Women's Day


This is the sketch I did for today's International Women's Day. My post that I shared on Instagram and Sktchy is:

  • Today is International Women's Day, and this is the sketch I did to commemorate it. My husband commented on how unsafe and uncomfortable the pose looks. I said yes, the one on the bottom is uncomfortable, but hopefully we all take turns being on the bottom or on the top. I've had so many women in my life, family and friends, who have been supportive of me. Thank you, all women who take your turn holding another up!


    #Sktchyapp reposted it, both on their site and on Instagram!

    'Be Bold For Change' is the theme for the day. It is sometimes hard to know what that might mean, but for me, as an artist, I think it means not letting an opportunity pass me by to celebrate and support others.

    So, Happy International Women's Day! The world would truly not get very far without us!

    ..... and that's the Truth!

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...