Thursday, April 20, 2017

Spring Stuff....


I decided to get me one of the small Hokett looms that everyone is weaving on. It is the 'medium' size, about 7"x7". I did this small woven 'sketch' on it to try it out. It was a bit awkward following a cartoon on it, so I would actually recommend the larger size, if you are considering getting one. The weaving itself is about 4"x4".


I started a 30-day challenge on the Sktchy app, doing a sketch each day in April, with challenge prompts. This is the sketch I did today, based on the photo of this man, with a Matisse painting I put in because I am looking forward to going to the Matisse exhibit at the Boston MFA next week. I also printed, in a childlike way, a poem I love and have saved in my Matisse book for many years.



My husband and I go every spring to see this Great Horned Owl on her nest on a nearby walking trail. We went yesterday and will go again in a few weeks to see the baby owls, usually there are two of them. In addition, the Western Screech Owl that has always lived in our neighborhood has moved into a nesting box our neighbors put up in our yard. We may have some owlets of our own this year!


I saw on Facebook that today is 'National Doggie Daycare Day.' (Without Facebook, who would even know there were such days?!) So I'm posting this photo I took out the window. These two women have a dog-walking and day care business a few blocks from our house. They walk by with a dozen or more extremely well behaved dogs several times a day. Booker would not be allowed to go there, I'm sure. These dogs always walk behind them, respond to directions, and never bicker among themselves. They also don't stop and sniff at every bush and blade of grass. I've watched the women train dogs to be admitted to their 'pack,' and they are so patient! They never yell or punish. They just repeat instructions until the dog 'gets it.'

Much to do today... as is the case every day. Remember those lovely spring days of childhood, when you could lie under a tree (or climb up in one, as I used to do) with a good library book, and be there until the book was finished? Where did those days go?

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...