Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Time Warp.. and Weft exhibit and article...


I just got my copy of the summer issue of 'Shuttle, Spindle, and Dyepot,'  the Handweaver's Guild of America magazine. In it is a great article, written by Tommye Scanlin (THANK YOU, TOMMYE!) about the "Time Warp and Weft' exhibit that was held in Kansas at the end of last year, and will open in Georgia in June.


The exhibit will showcase the time-related works of Geri Forkner, Janette Meetze, Janet Austin, Tommye Scanlin, Rebecca Mezoff, and myself (listed in the order that the photos from the article are shown.)

I won't get to attend the exhibit in Georgia, unless my summer plans change, but it was a well attended and much loved exhibit in Kansas! My twelve Calendar Series tapestries will all be together there, and I feel so blessed to have a place to show them altogether again. It probably will not happen after this, as they are now for sale, and several are already spoken for.

If you get a chance to read the article or see the exhibit, let me know what you think! Six artists have woven their lives into the work to be shown there, and that is definitely the feeling that viewing this show evokes.

"Time Warp... and Weft" exhibit,  Lyndon House Arts Center, Athens, Georgia,   opening June 15, 2017.

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...