Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Still weaving....


This was last week's progress (above) and now this morning (below,) after weaving a L.O.T. over the weekend, and for the past few days. I am trying to get this off the loom by (hopefully) the end of the month. As you can see, there is still a good bit of weaving to do - about 4.5 inches, plus a hem. Then the slit-sewing, blocking, lining, etc, that comprises the finishing process will have to take place pretty efficiently, so I can meet a deadline.


You might think that what I am weaving now, the more subtle background area, would weave more quickly and easily than the bright and wild floral areas below, but that is actually not the case. With the 'flowers,' I could weave shapes and areas up to the shapes. The background has no hard edges, and has a good bit of hatching going on. So I need to weave larger areas all together, which is v e r y slow weaving for me. I am pretty happy with the contrasting effect, however.

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...