Monday, October 25, 2021

Enough is quite often enough.


After doing 21 Inktober sketches, three weeks of this year's challenge, I decided I was done with it. The later prompts do not inspire me, and I am wanting to use my limited creative time weaving or sketching and painting with other media. Several of these sketches I believe would have been better if done with something other than ink. The prompts for the sketches above are Compass, Moon, Loop, Helmet, and Open. They all were done with ink and Intense paint or pencils, often with a bit of ballpoint pen ink as well.

This sketch (above) was done with liquid acrylic inks, with ballpoint pen detailing. I really enjoyed using these inks, but need to use them more to feel 'in control' of them. The prompt for this sketch was Collide. This is quite a small sketch, about 4 square inches. In fact, all of the sketches are in my 5x8" sketchbooks.




This final sketch, of Ringo, was done for the prompt, Fuzzy. It was done with black and white ink on a grey toned paper. I used Intense pencils for the eyes and nose.

I enjoyed #Inktober2021 this year. And because I stopped being challenged by it, I feel fine about stopping the challenge early. I learned things, and I did sketches I'd not have otherwise done, and for me, that is the point of challenges like this.

Now, back to the loom, and to an Autumn sketch that I want to do.... but not in ink!


No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...