Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just for fun.....





Yesterday I decided to treat myself, and I got a stylus for my iPad. I wasn't really sure if I need one, but thought it might be easier to sketch with than my fingers are. I also got the app, SketchBook Pro. I had the free SketchBook Express version, but was sure the paid version would work better (and, of course, it does.) I don't know why I waited to get the full version! It was only $2.99, and oh,my! what it does for that!

I spent about 20 minutes last night playing with it, though I have much more to learn about it's capabilities. I did this little sketch, thinking of my four grandchildren and how much good books mean to them all. And how much they mean to me! Without good books and music, how impoverished I would be! And with them, I am rich as a queen.

2 comments:

Sherri Woodard Coffey said...

I did a little research on a stylus, but couldn't decide. What kind did yoy get? And thanks for the info on the srawing app.

K Spoering said...

Sherry, I don't remember the stylus brand. It had a quirky name, and I bought it because the 'new colors' had just come out in that brand (which the guy at Best Buy said was the most popular brand, but I'm sure he'd have said that of anything I picked up.) So the plain silver ones were half price ($10, as opposed to $20). It works very well. They have no electronics in them, so probably cost $.03 or less to make. (Sorry- I'm a bit of a consumer skeptic.)

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...