Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Unfinished Business....


I have been working to get my 2011 "YearBook" completed, so I can move on into the new year.

 

I have used a fairly large format book this year, as you can see by comparing it with my size 7 foot next to it.


Most 2-page spreads combine sketches and photos from a one- to two-week period of time.


It will be completed by the end of today, and I can move on into 2012 projects! Most notably, I can get back to the commission tapestries that are on the loom. My goal is to complete  the weaving of them in the next two months. I have had a back problem that has kept me from the loom for the past week, but I'm going to invest in Ibuprofen and move on in spite of it. I'll keep you posted on that....


 In the meantime, Gus and I recommend that you find a warm and sunny spot and celebrate endings and beginnings!

1 comment:

Tommye McClure Scanlin said...

Beautiful throughts of 2011 through your Yearbook and I hope your 2012 is even more wonderful!
Tommye

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...