Saturday, February 23, 2013

There'll be days like this....



Oil pastels on canvas  8"x10"


I didn't want to do anything today. I sat down at the loom for a bit, and I think I even put some weft through warp, but my heart wasn't in it. I have a canvas prepped and a painting ready to begin, but I definitely wasn't feeling energetic and creative enough for what that would involve.

So I ended up doing laundry, baking a loaf of tea bread, and making a crockpot full of spaghetti sauce. Then I grabbed a box of oil pastels, which I have never really even played with. I guess I felt like it was a 'life giving me lemons' day. Don't get me wrong; I am a fan of lemons. So when life gives me lemons, and a shiny new box of oil pastels, it seems to be the kind of day to do a little sketch on canvas.

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...