Wednesday, August 10, 2016

2016 Olympics!

I have a confession: I am a huge Olympics fan.  I think I first watched the Olympics on TV during the winter games of 1980. My husband was a rarely-home resident, also moonlighting in an ER so we could someday buy a house, and I was pretty much home alone in the icy Missouri winter, with an infant and a toddler. The Olympic games were all that was on TV, and the drama of the 'Miracle on Ice' hockey team totally hooked me. So it's probably a good thing that they come around so infrequently, or I would get very little done. I am normally not much of a TV watcher, but when the Olympics are on, be they Summer or Winter, you can find me watching them almost every evening. And this year, they have been a real relief, after the political mess that has been served up all summer!

I have been doing more Sktchy sketches in my little sketchbook, and these are all inspired by the Olympics, even though they are not of any actual Olympians. Who knows, though.... maybe some are future Olympians!

I know there are a lot of knitters who knit through the games, completing large and complex projects. But if I do that, I find myself sitting with a hot pile of ignored yarn on my lap (often with a hot cat on top of that,) so I haven't even attempted it this year. I catch up on laundry and sketch a bit during the many, many commercials.

More Olympics to come! I was so excited to watch the amazing gymnasts last night - I cheer for them all! And Michael Phelps - those tears in his eyes as he accepted his 20th Gold Medal brought tears to my eyes, too. Well, enough of this;  I think there's a volleyball game that needs my attention.....

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...