Saturday, May 23, 2009

Little Frog...


As I'm working hard to get things gallery-ready, and am even trying to finish up some work (which probably won't be dry in time to hang), I don't have time this week to do a separate Illustration Friday sketch. (I also have company, and we are at the beginning of JUCO week today.) So I'm going to post this piece, which I think I posted for IF before while it was in progress. It is 12x12"and is on a deeper gallery edged canvas, so I won't frame it. I have just painted the edges black with some bits of color here and there (see the photo below.) I'm doing another one that way now, as well. I like not framing them. Saves me money, and I also like the informal look it gives. I think it's appropriate for this piece. The title is "Little Frog in the Fountain."

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

What a sweet painting! It makes me want to pick up my brushes again and see what I can do.

K Spoering said...

Go for it, Sherrie!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...