Friday, May 18, 2012

Versailles...





What adjectives does one use to describe a place like Versailles?




Of course, there is no other place like Versailles; I'm sure it is one of a kind.




Marie Antoinette's hamlet was my favorite spot there. It is where she went (with all her servants) to live out her fantasy of living a 'simple peasant's life.' I guess I am a natural when it comes to being a simple peasant. I simply adored the iris growing along all the sod rooftops.







The smaller chateau was pretty impressive.





And at the main Chateau, the rooftops were not simple at all!




In fact, I spent a good deal of time looking up. The ceilings were each filled with art, some even framed with gold.







The place was crowded. I'm sure we walked well over ten miles, and saw just a small portion of the gardens and buildings.



What adjectives do you use to describe Versailles? How about 'stunning,' 'overwhelming,' and 'exhausting?'

- Posted from my iPad

2 comments:

hockeygirl said...

Great pictures Kathy. Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Say hi to Ryan for me!

Julia Kelly said...

When i was there after high school- i remember the guide told us, people would pay to watch the queen sleep! Looks like you are having a wonderful time!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...