Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Life is a Feast....


Only a few countries in the world celebrate a day of Thanksgiving. I'm glad I live in one of those places; the United States. Some people think this holiday is all about eating a LOT and falling asleep in front of a football game on TV. And, OK, we do that. But mostly, I believe we all find, or at least try to find, things to be thankful for. It is a holiday that reminds us of the importance of gratitude in our lives.

I have many, many things to be thankful for. I have a rich family life, with many to love and be loved by. I have a comfortable home in a good community; I have good neighbors, and friends I can count on to be there for me, and whom I am glad to be there for in return. I have the riches of having people of age and wisdom in my life, as well as having those who are young and still eager and curious. I have eyes that can still see beauty, and ears that can still hear music, and a sensibility to truly enjoy both.



I find true Joy in simple things, sketching a found object, seeing birds at my feeder, working at my loom, the antics of my pets, and discovering humour in unexpected places.


I also am thankful for this place to share my life and work with you, and I have been very blessed by some of your blogs and comments and Facebook postings, as well.

Whether or not you will be celebrating Thanksgiving with us in the US this week, please remember to allow gratitude to be a part of your life. We are all richer when we recognize that we have much to be Thankful for.

2 comments:

Tommye McClure Scanlin said...

Beautifully stated, Kathy!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends. I'm thankful for all you share with everyone through your blog.

K Spoering said...

Thanks, Tommye. And yours is one of the blogs I am thankful for too. Have a wonderful holiday!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...