Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Take a Walk on the Wild Side....


Yesterday was, once again Studio Tuesday. I did not get to work for a great deal of time, but I worked one petal to completion, and worked on another today. This is the one I finished yesterday. I have been having some back pain, so am being smart and not working too long.


Yesterday was also the beginning of several #100 Day Challenges, on Facebook and Instagram and various other social sites. I did not officially join one, but have decided to challenge myself to walk every day for the next 100 days, and either sketch or take photos to document the walk. Yesterday I walked in the nearby city park. Today my husband, Booker, and I took one of our annual 'owl search' walks. We found the Mama Owl in her usual nest on the Audubon Trail, which is part of the Colorado Riverfront Trail. This nest is the one that, several years ago, got blown down, so the Audubon Society replaced the nest with this platform and basket, which she has happily used since then. Isn't her camouflage amazing?


We always see other fun things on this trail. Today, my favorite 'drama' was this one: First, the squirrel peeking over the top of this dead cottonwood tree...


... then she disappeared, to reappear looking out the hole. Then a flutter...


... and she was chased away from the hole by this Flicker. Whose nest is it?  I'm not taking sides, but we did see a flicker nesting in a similar hole several years ago. Just saying....


This is a photo of a dove observing us, that my husband took. We love these photo walks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4.23.2014 Thanks so much for all your return cyber help last post leaping across the country to New Jersey......these techniques are all easy for you, but for others of us, an explanation really clarifies what we struggle with...the close-up photo here shows clearly how you accomplish these complicated flowers.....your sharing is appreciated from Janet in NJ who sees the small butterflies weaving the detailed shapes and patterns...very tricky!.... from Janet

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...