Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lower border...


I have finished the weaving of the lower border - which gives me the rest of today and tomorrow to paint the maquette and enlarge the cartoon for the next section, which includes the main body and the side borders of the piece.

I'm pretty happy with the lower border. It is much more 'weaver-ly' than the weaving on some of the other Seasons pieces; much more about woven squirrel, grouse, and pumpkins than it is about actual squirrel, grouse, and pumpkins, if you can understand the distinction. Above is the border (it doesn't curve like that at top and bottom - that is camera distortion, as it's 36" wide). Below are some detail shots.



No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...