Friday, December 19, 2008

Illustration Friday: Voices


And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. " Luke 2

This is an acrylic painting I did several years ago. I thought that, given the time of year and the IF topic, I could post it today. I did the painting because I wanted to paint a specific piece of fabric (the brown one on Mary). I would like to do it again someday in oils. I think it would be more successful.

Speaking of voices... our Sunday night fellowship group will be caroling this Sunday evening, and it is supposed to be somewhere around 5degreesF! Among the caroling, I'm betting there will be some whining about cold feet and noses. We will probably not go far before we return to our cozy house for chili and hot chocolate.

8 comments:

Tina Poe said...

Lovely painting, I really like the fabric pattern too :)

Unknown said...

Nice painting!

eyecontact said...

What a good painting to celebrate the beauty of this season. Powerful messages!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Beautiful work on the fabric.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful texture and peaceful imagery.

Andrew W. Moir said...

Turns out I used the few verses before this one. :) Very well executed painting. Christ is the meaning of Christmas.

Sarall said...

Absolutely appropiated for the season

mdsol said...

Nice painting and ... words!
:))

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...