Tuesday, February 21, 2012

More exhibit work....


 As you can see from this invitation, there is a one-day exhibit of works by artists involved with this local art organization, including myself. The work is due tomorrow. I am still not sure what I will take. To be honest, I would really like this to be a sales opportunity. That would keep my tax accountant happy, too.

So I have prepared 4 small works, which I could sell at affordable prices. I can only leave 2 pieces in the exhibit, so if you have any opinion about which might sell best, I'd appreciate your input!


This is "Easy Rider," an 11"x14"oil painting on canvas.


This is "Fresh Daily," a 15"x20" watercolor (image size, not framed size.)


This is an oil painting on canvas (also 11"x14"), ironically titled "Watercolor."


This is an 8"x10" photograph on canvas, called "Winter Bloom."

The 2 oil paintings would be priced at $180.00 each; the photo at $100.00, and the watercolor at $200.00. All are nicely framed. So, if you can help with an opinion about which would be most appealing to a buying public, I'd love it if you would let me know!

4 comments:

Tommye McClure Scanlin said...

I vote for "Winter Bloom" and "Watercolor"--although all are lovely!

Megan said...

I like the Easy Rider and Winter Bloom. Not that I don't like them all I just think the 2 I picked have more saleability. Just my preference. They are all great. Megan

Susan said...

I'd guess that winter bloom and easy rider would have broadest appeal and "most likely to sell" quality. Good luck!

K Spoering said...

Thanks to you all for your input! I got some 'live' input, as well, but I ended up taking "Winter Bloom," "Watercolor," and "Easy Rider," all three, to see what was there and what would hang best. When I got there, the organizer said, 'leave all three!' So I did. Now we'll see what happens, or not...

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...