Friday, March 23, 2012

Home from 'sunny' California....


I spent the past 10 days in not-so-sunny California, where it rained a lot, then turned beautiful just as I was to come home. I was there for a family gathering to celebrate my Mother's 90th birthday.


One of the things I love to do while there with my folks and my sister is to sit and look through old family photos. I take pictures of some to bring home with me and to have in my computer. This is one I had not seen before, of my Mom and me. I was about a year old, and clearly a bit more squirmy than the statue baby.

I came home to springtime. Our apricot trees are in FULL bloom, which is early. Last year, they also bloomed too early, then a hard freeze came, and I didn't have any apricots. So I'm out of jam, and would actually not mind having some fruit this year. Time will tell....

I have some house cleaning to do tomorrow, then will get two of my grandchildren for their spring break week, so plan to have some more family fun. But I also hope to get some weaving done. I have a few studio art projects planned for the kids, so we can all work in the studio together for a bit of their visit time. We'll see if that plan works....

1 comment:

Julia Kelly said...

That photo is wonderful of you and your mom! Have a great time with your grand kids- know i am looking forward to our last spring break before my oldest goes off to college!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...