Before I left town, Brenda tagged me with a "Power of Seven" tag. Here's what I'm supposed to do:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Well, though I'm not sure I can come up with seven items of interest, I, like poor Miss Bates in Jane Austen's Emma, surely can come up with seven items that are very dull indeed!
1. Obviously, I love Jane Austen.
2. I am learning to play the harmonica. Well, why not?
3. I am quite frugal. To that end, I have been recycling the same geraniums from my front porch pots by rooting the leaves for the last umpteen years. In fact, I just potted some today for this summer.
4. Because I would love to speak Spanish, I have been teaching myself Spanish 1 over and over for the past 11 years. I'm still not quite ready for Spanish 2. (Maybe I don't want to speak it as badly as I think I do.)
5. In spite of number 4, I believe myself to be quite intelligent. My husband and my sons, daughters-in-law, and grandchildren are freakin' brilliant, and they wouldn't tolerate me if I couldn't at least sometimes 'keep up.'
6. I love old things : pictures, books, houses, teapots. Anything with some history. But I don't particularly enjoy 'History.' Too much war. Oh, and I'm a pacifist.
7. I have a bit of a Grumpy side. Always have had.