Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer visitors...


Summer is near. I know that is true, in spite of our still-cool-ish weather, because the middle school children are no longer wrestling through my yard on their way home from school, we have family guests, and the hummingbirds and swallowtail butterflies have made themselves at home in my yard and garden.

Spring is passing; we have eaten all the rhubarb from the garden in a pie. Spring was yummy.

Summer is trying to sneak up on me this year, but I am too wise to be caught! I have on a sweater this morning, but the fans are cleaned and ready by the windows, the cooler is ready to turn on. Escape to the high country is as simple as throwing a few days worth of food in the car and running away from the valley heat.

Summer will not catch me napping this year. Unless it is a particularly fine afternoon, and the porch glider is empty... perhaps then.... ahhh, yes, perhaps then summer may catch me a-napping.

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...