Friday, February 6, 2009

Illustration Friday: Time

When they began to dance, they no longer noticed that time and people were passing them by.

This is a detail of the painting I am working on. It's still in it's first stage, without any editing, so it will be 'fixed up' over time, before it's finished.

And speaking of Time... Yesterday I painted for the third time with a small group of people with Alzheimer's disease. Time has not been kind to them. There are moments when we laugh together, and memories of places and times come out in small comments. But I always leave feeling sad. And blessed. Very, very blessed. May Time be kinder to us all, and I hope each of you keep creatively active, as that can help ward off some forms of dementia. Remember how blessed you are, and give Thanks!

6 comments:

Karen said...

This is beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished painting. In answer to your question on my blog, i drew it with a mouse digitally. Although a cut out would be fun. Great style by the way.

Teri said...

This is so sweet and wonderful.

Edrian said...

This has a very nice feeling. Well captured and perfect for this week's theme!

Ria said...

Oh, this is a nice piece. Love the colors you choose.Yes, we indeed are blessed and lucky ones. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, I can't imagine it getting better! Time can be wonderful and it can be cruel! Great post.

Caroline said...

What a lovely piece - hope you show us the finished painting!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...