Monday, December 7, 2009

Beginning to deck... slowly, very slowly...

No, this beautifully arranged mantle is not in my house. It was in a shop in Maine. I took the photo to inspire me, but so far, I have not been brave enough to deck my own halls much. Booker is anticipating many new toys being put out, as he is quickly devouring all of his old ones.*

My husband put the lights on the outside of the house over the weekend. And this morning I went so far as to hang the holiday wreath. I made this wreath a few years ago, by taking all of the smaller ornaments that seemed to end up at the bottom of the storage box, and hot-gluing them on. I really love all of these ornaments. Some of them are vintage, some from friends, and some were on packages. They got lost on the tree, but decorate the large wreath very nicely. It has an old feel to it, I think.


* Speaking of Booker, he 'graduated' from his first eight-week obedience class yesterday. He was the youngest in the class, but he did pretty well. Here is what he is currently doing to all of his toys:

This is his giant squeaky rat, which he has always really liked. But one day he decided he would like it better without a head. It still squeaks. Makes me glad he still sleeps in his crate, as I can see him deciding he'd like me better headless at times, too. I could, after all, still feed him.

3 comments:

Tommye McClure Scanlin said...

Congratulations to Booker on his achievement! And, MOST of all to you and your husband for helping him get there!! Some day you'll look back with fondness at his puppyhood and say... awww, it wasn't so bad!
Tommye

K Spoering said...

May some day come very soon! Actually, he is doing much better than even a few weeks ago.

Jennifer said...

How wonderful! You must be a proud parent for his graduating! All the hard work is laying off - even if he is beheading his fav toys. You should have seen what Shadow did to a gold ball the other day. It was really quite impressive...

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...