Sunday, December 13, 2009

A quick warm-up...


It is warming up here, and the snow is turning to slush. It was supposed to warm up to the low thirty's (F), but it's already into the mid-forty's! And it has been raining. Quite a change in weather...

The little painting above is 4x4". It is in the miniatures show and sale at the Blue Pig Gallery. It was the same cup of cocoa and one of the same ornaments from the larger still life painting I did for our card.

Today I am finishing up the last sweater, so I can start cleaning for the holiday company tomorrow. We put the tree up, and it is still up, despite the fact that Gus is using it for a hide-out from Booker. Soon I expect Booker will figure that out, and the tree will be come a battle site. They love their battles, but there are frequent casualties, all being things that belong to me. I put very few ornaments on the tree, and none that are easily broken. I'm not as dumb as they think I am!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh yes, nothing more tempting than kitty hiding behind branches, in or out!
The cards and miniature certainly speak of the season.
Warm up here too, but I'm going to enjoy hot chocolate anyway. ;-)

Julia Kelly said...

That is beautiful- so simple but captures the feeling of the Holiday- looks like you are getting into the spirit of the season!! Merry Christmas!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...