Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fa la la la la.... la la la la!


I am cleaning and decking and trying to get into some kind of spirit. I'm listening to some holiday music. I have to admit, though, that the old classic songs seem to be basically just to whistle along to in the malls, anymore. Whistling helps your family and friends find you. That's how we've always found my Dad in malls, and now it is also how I find my son, a certain friend, and how people find me. I don't realize I'm whistling, until someone says, "I knew it must be you; I heard you whistling." It is a fine family tradition. My grandfather could whistle in harmony with himself! It is a talent I aspire to.

The above video is of my very favorite all time holiday song. It cannot be beat in sentiment, and must also be sung along with - it's not a whistling song. I also really like The Weepies' new holiday song, "All That I Want." Other than that, I can tolerate the music for about a month, hearing each song a few times, then I'm glad to let it go for another year.



The tree is up, the mantle decorated, and my little cabins out for the grandkids. My parents are coming in a few days. 'Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...'
(Oh,yes, and I like any holiday song that the Muppets sing, including that one!)



ps. Speaking of holiday music, iTunes has a Holiday Sampler album free this week: 21 songs ranging from Mannheim Steamroller to David Archuleta to Aretha Franklin and Stephen Colbert. Go there. Get it. Sing or whistle along.

3 comments:

Twisted in Texas said...

Help!! I'm trying to find the Holiday Sampler on ITunes. Not having much luck?? any suggestions? I love me a new bunch of holiday songs.

K Spoering said...

When you go to the iTunes store, go to the Music page, and about half-way down the page there's the box that has a little wooden sign pictuer with snow on it, and a 'free' corner on the box. The sign says 'iTunes Holiday Sampler.' If you can't find it, do a search for 'holiday sampler.'

Twisted in Texas said...

Got it. Thanks so much. It's downloading now. Have a happy.

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...