Sunday, January 20, 2008

Three more for the Cups exhibit...

Two photos, and a painting...
I'm not sure about the first photo, of the cups in the window. Compositionally, the window frame part that divides the picture almost in half bothers me. I like the muffin one though. I took it in a New York City diner on a Sunday morning, thus the title, "Sunday Morning."


The photos are 8x10", the oil painting, called "Harvard Square" is 16x20". It's in one of the frames my husband made. I painted the frames black, with some rubbed in sienna. It is still very hard for me to get a good digital photo of an oil painting. There is a sheen on them I can't get rid of, so the color richness doesn't show up. ARRRGH! Not used to shine and sheen. Tapestries don't generally have that.

1 comment:

Tommye McClure Scanlin said...

Hi Kathy,
Nice photos and I like the painting, as well. Are you going to post a slide show of the works when hanging??
Tommye

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...