Sunday, September 5, 2010

Change can be good...



As I was cleaning my studio this afternoon, I ran across this painting. It was in a dark frame. I had never been very excited about the painting, but something about it won't let me just pitch it. So I took it out of the dark frame, and set it into a gold frame. I liked it better, but it occurred to me that the white shape in the upper right really looked out of place. So I darkened it. Now it looks much better, especially in the gold frame. I almost like it now!



The color now makes it feel almost musicial to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great idea! I like it too!
Verarershl

Julia Kelly said...

I like it! guess we should never count anything off and it is amazing how time brings perspective

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...