Monday, April 7, 2008

A day for poetry...


It is a dark and stormy morning. A month or two ago, I would have bemoaned the weather, as we'd had just about enough of it. But, having had a month of our more usual sunshine, this grey rainy morning is delightful. Walking up the back stairs with my first cup of hot coffee, I was struck by the light through the window at the top of the stairs. It was so lovely, it filled me with a longing for more loveliness. That is the effect beauty has on me: beautiful visions, beautiful music, and beautiful words. I just want more.

Several of my bookmarked and frequently visited blogs have posted lovely bits of poetry lately. Mary Ann at Dispatch From LA has posted a beautifully illustrated portion of a Mary Oliver poem. Mary Oliver's poems are a current obsession of mine; well worth seeking out and devouring.
And Jon Katz, on his very prolific Bedlam Farm Journal, has posted "Helen's Third Poem", a MUST read, but grab a hankie first, as it's beauty hits you hard in the tear ducts.

I hope your day is a lovely one. Full of poetry and beauty... and a longing for more.

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...