Thursday, February 4, 2010

The morning after...



This is a photo this morning from the same spot that I took last night's sunset from. See what our inversion looks like? Now you see why I am yearning for spring! This inversion has lasted since early December, and doesn't seem to be planning to leave anytime soon. This is a town that 'normally' has 360 days of sunshine a year - just ask our Chamber of Commerce, if you don't believe me! Those statistics are going to be seriously upturned by this oddly dismal year.

I just finished reading The Geography of Bliss, which is our county library's One County, One Book book for this year. Oddly, Iceland is a very happy place. But they have very low expectations, where weather is concerned. Unfortunately, I live in a place where I have learned to have high expectations for the weather, and this year is challenging my happiness in a big way. An interesting book, by the way. I enjoyed it.

In spite of the fog outside, I expect to have a good day. My husband is off work, so he can trouble-shoot Booker's plans. I will spend the morning in the studio, then paint with the Alzheimer's group for an hour this afternoon before I go back into the studio! I expect great things of myself... Bliss will abound!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The inversion would bug me too!!!

Theresa said...

That is pretty darn gloomy!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...