Thursday, March 4, 2010

The chicks are in!


I passed the farm supply place when I was out the other day. There was a sign up outside that said "The chicks are in!" I had my little camera in my bag, so I had to stop. It was hard to get good photos, as they just wouldn't stop bopping about and pose for me, and they were under incubator lights. But aren't they cute?


The baby ducks are supposed to be in this weekend. It might be worth another stop, with my better camera.

Update on recent projects:

The duck is in the mail.

The 100% for Haiti exhibit was hung on Monday, when the gallery was closed. The reception is on Saturday, but my painting has already sold!

I have about 2 1/2" woven on the March piece, including a good bit I un- and re-wove, because I didn't like some color choices I had made. I will post a photo tomorrow or Saturday of this week's progress.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Gosh, they are just so cute and noisy too. Whenever I go into the grange in spring, you can hear them peeping and cheeping from anywhere in the store!
Great updates and congrats on the quick sale.

Liz said...

It surely must be spring! Thanks for posting the chic pics :-) Can't wait to see how March is coming along.

Jennifer said...

Soooooooooo cute! What fun and what better way to start feeling great towards spring! Congrats on the Haiti painting already being sold!

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...