Sunday, March 14, 2010

Making changes...




I decided that the tiny painting of Booker as a puppy needed a bit of a change. It was just too much 'light vs. dark.' So I added a lime green to the bottom half of the background, which I think added some 'zing' and also divides the space in a more interesting way. That also made me need to change the leash from orange to red.

I try not to fret too much over these little paintings, but sometimes an overnight 'think' can help them out. Don't you think that this version is better?

4 comments:

sue schwarz said...

what a cutie, and yes, the changes added to the final picture. Grounds the little guy (or big guy now).

Sherri Woodard Coffey said...

This is amazing! What a difference that makes in the painting. Love it! I am continually interested in what colors do.

Theresa said...

Yes, it gives the whole scene a boost.

Lyric said...

much nicer - he's grounded rather than floating.

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...