Thursday, October 11, 2007

Awesome Autumn...



"October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band."
George Cooper

I know I've said it before, but Autumn is my favorite time of year. And there is noplace on earth, I believe, that can out-Autumn Colorado. The trees from my front porch take my breath away, I could sit there all day and just watch them float down; their golden dance before the bright blue of the Colorado sky. The days are so warm and perfect, I can hardly keep myself in the studio. I take breaks from weaving to partake in such ludicrous delights as cleaning out the lavender beds. (I, who dread yard work!)

And when I weave, I am weaving Autumn.
How perfect is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out where you took the picture. Is that the backside of the lake?

K Spoering said...

Yes. Over the creek and through the woods...

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...