Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lighthouses...












I love lighthouses. Needless to say, we don't have them here in Colorado, so they are a real rarity for me to see. We saw four of them while in Washington. One of them, we only saw through the binoculars, so I didn't get a photo of it, but I shot way too many of the others! Here are a few of them.













I'm going to be teaching a workshop for the local guild for the next three Saturdays. In 'honor' of the lighthouses I saw recently, I made up a very simple maquette and cartoon that I'll have available for the students to see and/or use if they can't come up with their own design (which I'm hoping they will before the class ends). The last two photos are what I'll share with them. This is actually a lighthouse from the east coast, from a photo I took while visiting my son and daughter-in-law a year or so ago. It is a simpler design, so I'll use it.

No comments:

String Theory

  Ok, I don’t know anything about string theory, except maybe what I see on The Big Bang. But there is an excellent fiber exhibit right now ...